Wildland Canada Info and Policies
WILD LAND CANADA SHIPPING AND DELIVERY POLICY
1.) INFO & POLICIES 2.) Shipping and Delivery 3.) Refund Policy 4.) WILD LAND CANADA WARRANTY AND REPAIRS 5.) Troubleshooting 5.) Warranty
We offer shipping within Canada the next business day and most Shipping rates are calculated at checkout unless otherwise stated and subject to product availability. If an item is not in stock at the time you place your order, we will notify you of the delay.
Items offered on our website are only available for delivery to addresses within Canada. Additional Shipping fees may apply to remote areas and we will determine the best options based on your request.
Shipping Outside Canada
If you would like to order outside of Canada, please contact us with special instructions and we will calculate shipping on a per-order basis.
An estimated delivery time will be provided to you once your order is placed. Delivery times are estimates and commence from the date of shipping. Delivery times are to be used as a guide only and are subject to the acceptance and approval of your order. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we make every effort to fulfill your order within  business days of the date of your order.
We ship all in-stock items on the next business day. Actual shipping times can vary greatly depending where you are located; however, it is extremely unusual for any shipments to take more than a week. Small parcels typically take 1-3 days across Canada. Freight (tents, larger fridges, etc.) can range from approximately 2-5 days depending on your location.
Date of Delivery may vary depending on carrier shipping practices, delivery location method of delivery, Government Holidays and the items ordered. Products may also be delivered in separate shipments. You will receive a shipping confirmation email once your package has been shipped.
Customer may be required to be present at the time of delivery or additional charges may apply. Do not Accept any Shipment where the box is damaged unless you have inspected the tent and deemed it to have no damage, all damage must be written on the waybill, we assure you that we did not ship a damaged tent and there will be no returns on products that were damaged in shipping unless it is clearly written on the original bill of lading.
Any Wild Land Canada offers will be to the Closest Shipping Depot of our Choice, Residential Delivery or Power Tailgate Services since these are large and heavy items.
Some items cannot be shipped to PO boxes. Please be aware of this before submitting your shipping address.
Damaged Items in Transport
If there is any damage to the packaging on delivery, contact us immediately at 778 837 8977.
If you have any questions about the delivery and shipment or your order, please contact us at 778 837 8977.
We will deduct a restocking fee from your total refund to cover the cost of processing the item back into stock. These costs are based on the item(s) purchased.
$200 fee is charged for tent returns.
All other items have a 10% restocking fee.
Please note that trailer returns are on a case by case scenario.
You can return unopened items in the original packaging, unused and in the same condition you received it within 30 days of your purchase with receipt or proof of purchase. After 30 days we do not offer a refund or exchange. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
Upon receipt of the returned item, we will fully examine it and notify you via email, within a reasonable period of time, whether you are entitled to a return. If you are entitled to a return, we will refund your purchase price and a credit will automatically be applied to your original method of payment. Only regular priced items may be refunded. Sale, promotional, special or custom orders, demo units and clearance items are non-refundable.
To follow-up on the status of your return, please contact us at 778 837 8977.
We only exchange goods if they are defective or damaged. In circumstances where you consider that a product is defective, you should promptly contact us at 778 837 8977 with details of the product and the defect.
You can send the item you consider defective to us and upon receipt of the returned product, we will fully examine it and notify you via e-mail, within a reasonable period of time, whether you are entitled to a replacement as a result of the defect. If you are eligible, we will send you a replacement product.
Some items are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. These include: Sale items, promotional items, special or custom orders, returned items, used, clearance and damaged items.
Any item not in its Original condition, damaged or missing parts for any reason not due to our error will not be accepted for returns or subject to a restocking fee of up to 50% if the return is still accepted.
If your order is eligible for return, you’ll receive a shipping label via email to print, attach and drop off your return item at the shipping company of our choice. A customer support associate can get your return started for you, or advice of other options.
You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs to return your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping to and from will be deducted from your refund.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and they will find out about your return.
Price Protection Policy:
If you have purchased an item, and the same item goes on sale within 7 days, we will refund the balance to match the sale price. If it goes on sale within 7-30 days, we will offer the balance as a store credit. Our price protection policy does not apply to special holiday sales such as Black Friday.
WILD LAND CANADA WARRANTY AND REPAIRS
Wild Land Canada tests all of its products to the highest of standards to ensure they last in the most challenging outdoor conditions – whose reliability is second to none. Wild Land Canada warrants to the original purchaser that its products are free from defects in material and workmanship, for the term described. The life of the product is determined from the date of purchase until such time as the product is no longer serviceable due to normal wear and tear.
- Always ensure the tent is dry prior to closing. If this isn’t possible, open immediately when you arrive at your home or next destination. Storing a wet tent can lead to the formation of mold & mildew.
- It is recommended to store the tent indoors if it’s not going to be used for long periods of time. When storing indoors, be sure to place the tent on a padded surface and away from heavy traffic and debris.
- It is recommended to clean and treat your tent annually to ensure the longest life possible.
- Never leave the tent open for long periods of time where insects, rodents, or moisture could damage the tent.
- Keep children away from a stored tent, and ensure it can’t be tipped over accidentally.
- Regularly check hardware for rust, and replace as needed.
- When opening and closing the tent, never force any of the components which could result in damage. Always inspect the components if something doesn’t sound or feel right. Metal components may need to be cleaned with a brush or soft cloth to ensure proper operation.
IF THE TENT STOPS WORKING
- Check if the fabric is caught in the support poles.
- Check if the gas strut is leaking air. If a replacement is needed, remove by releasing both ends that connect to the tent. Call if additional support is needed.
- We recommend that you DO NOT drive over 70mph (110kmh) while using your roof top tent and that you adhere to speed limits.
- Always regularly inspect your tent for damage and that it is securely attached to your cross bars.
- DO NOT use your roof top tent if there is any visible damage to any part or its components, instead contact us to see how we can help.
- Unsecured loads and incorrectly mounted roof racks or cross bars can come loose during travel and cause serious accidents.
- Make sure that you give due consideration to the change in your vehicle height and driving behavior (side—wind sensitivity, corner and braking behavior).
- Always consult your vehicle and roof rack manuals and ensure you are following their advice. It is recommended to carry your vehicle manual, roof rack manual, and roof top tent manual in your vehicle.
- Do not use bleach or any other chemicals that would otherwise damage your tent or vehicle.
Please note the following when using your roof top tent:
- The clearance height of your vehicle with the tent mounted on your roof rack.
- Be aware of low entrances, low hanging branches, and other hazards that could damage your roof top tent or vehicle.
- Wind noise may be generated when traveling with a roof top tent.
- You must always remove your roof top tent prior to going through any type of automatic car wash.
In addition to these usage instructions, due consideration should also be
given to mounting instructions for your roof bars and the operating
instructions for your vehicle.
- For reasons of fuel economy and the safety of other road users, your roof top tent and roof bars should be removed when not in use.
- For your safety, only use a roof rack or cross bars that are approved for your vehicle. The dynamic weight rating must be greater than the weight of the roof top tent and any gear you store on top of it.
- In order to avoid generating excessive lifting forces, your roof top tent should be mounted parallel to the line of the road and not at an angle.
- When climbing in and out of your roof top tent, always use the ladder with due caution and never allow children to use it alone. Make sure the ladder hooks are in good condition, contact us if you need replacements.
- You must not allow any open flames in or near your roof top tent.
The manufacturer is not liable for any damage or accident that may occur as a result of a non-compliance with these usage instructions, modifications made to parts or the usage of any parts other than the manufacturer’s original parts. The warnings, cautions and instructions in this document can’t cover every possible situation, so it is understood by the operator that common sense and caution must be applied. Understand that we will not be able to repair damage caused by unreasonable usage, wear and tear or damage caused by improper use, storm damage, improper cleaning and storage or accidents. or in some cases, the natural lifespan of the product.
It is your responsibility to pass these instructions on to any third party who uses this roof top tent, including second hand sales.
The manufacturer’s warranty covers manufacturing faults and lasts one year within regular use. It is only valid if the instructions and recommendations in this document are adhered to and only applies to the first owner. Warranty is for original purchaser and is not transferable and is only available within Canada.
THERE ARE NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES BEYOND THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL WILD LAND CANADA BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
For more information contact us via email [email protected] or phone +1 778 837 8977